2022 Sluis Ships Patch
Sluis ships were revamped in April 2022. Here are the highlights:
- Ships *stay* on your storage card when you retrieve them.
- As long as the ship exists on the MUD somewhere, you can't re-retrieve it.
- But as soon as it's gone (either via boot or the ship being destroyed) you can retrieve it again.
- Storing ships is no longer a thing.
- If your ship is stolen, you lose access to it for the boot, but the thief has no way to store your ship or otherwise get it onto their storage card. So next boot you can just retrieve it and carry on.
- Ship recovery contracts are no longer a thing. Just retrieve your ship if it gets blown up.
- To transfer ships between players, you do some special stuff with the title.
- If you own a ship, you can <sign away title> to remove that ship from your storage card, and thus making the ship "available."
- If the ship is destroyed or a reboot happens while it has been signed away, that ship is gone forever.
- But if someone has the title and they <sign for title>, that ship is added to their ship storage card, meaning it will survive a reboot or destruction.
- The Sluis ship ATM is now a menu-based interface, similar to villas.
- There are now "max all" options for basic components and for turrets.
- Bays have basically been rewritten - you can now install vehicle bays in all capital ship bay slots.