There are plenty of things to do in SWmud.
- Exploring the various planets, finding all of the nooks and crannies of a game that has been continuously built over 30 years, collecting knowledge of special equipment and other secrets.
- Equipping at the start of the boot is a time-honored tradition. The game is designed to make equipping challenging but fun. Or you can just visit a merchant shop to start off the boot...
- Combat with mobs! There are areas where you can grind on masses of relatively easy mobs, and areas where you can test your mettle against boss mobs with custom fighting styles.
- Player killing! The true test of your combat prowess: can you beat another player, with all the tricks and mobility that they can muster?
- Quests are available on certain planets, and some guilds have tasks to complete like pilot missions, assassin jobs, bounty hunter jobs, and so on.
- Space has its own unique combat system, where you can work your way up from lowly fighters to mighty capital ships as you try to outgun and out-repair your opponents. You can also explore the Galaxy to find strange new planets...
- Corporations for merchants, where a player can level all the way to 50 with cut-throat business accumen instead of violence.
- Ithorian players have a special mini-game to level up by growing useful plants for other players and using helpful skills.
- Socialize with other players... just hang out and chat :)