bioengineer [target] [implant] bioengineer [target] remove
This skill allows High Mortal scientists to install mechanical or organic implants designed to give a being abilities above and beyond those of unaugmented members of that race. This surgery is very intricate work, thus the scientist's job consists only of setting up the lab equipment to do the job and then letting it run on its own.
Due to the dangerous nature of surgery, a patient must show his willingness to undergo it by typing <implants allow>, after which the patient will be able to be implanted by anyone until he types <implants disallow>.
Only one HM bioengineering implant may be installed at a time per patient. However, a patient may have any number of minor (mortal) implants installed. Each patient may undergo new surgery once every 2 hours. To remove an HM implant, the surgeon uses the command <bioengineer [target] remove>.
An implant will last for 72 hours or until the next reboot, whichever is sooner.
Available implants for levels 15+
- Gills <gills>: Implanting gills in the neck allows a being to breathe under water. (Not available to all races)
- Vision Enhancement <vision>: Increases distance vision as well as your nightvision. Note: The adjustment made to the eyes is so extreme, most people can tell when someone has them just by looking at them.
For levels 20+
- Blood Filters <blood>: Increases the efficiency of the kidneys in removing toxins from the blood stream.
- Bone Reinforcement <bones>: The skeleton structure is enhanced by tiny steel fibers, increasing the protection of all major organs and making unarmed combat more deadly.
- Talons <claws>: By sharpening and enhancing the structure of a being's already existing claws, the scientist can increase the amount of trauma dealt out by such appendages. (Not available to all races)
- Increased Platelet Production <platelets>: An increase in the number of platelets speeds the body's natural healing rate.
NOTE: The word enclosed in <> is the parameter to include when performing surgery.